Monday, October 1, 2012

Amidst the Curse, There is Blessing Yet

This is a concept I have only just recently understood, as in a few days before posting this. It is a simple concept, yet it opened up knowledge to me that is nearly all encompassing. I am still processing the information while making new discoveries. This simple realization taught me more in a few hours than I have probably learned in the last several years.

Now, what is this concept? Pain. Pain, challenge, tribulation, trials, difficulties, etc. I recently understood the significance of it. Also, I realized how even though we were cursed, a blessing was still mixed in there. Because of the Almighty's infinite wisdom, He also included the most powerful way to teach within the changes enacted by our punishment.

The whole concept of accepting pain is something sorely lacking in modern christianity (wow... I made a pun out of that). We are told to expect trials and tribulations, yet shy away from them. If anything, we should be praying for more of them!

The reason I say this, is because when I look back at my life and consider my most painful experiences, they are held in highest esteem. The reason for this is because what I learned from them. When I came out of those troubling times, the change was phenomenal. I want them again, even though I know they paralyzed me with fear or left me curled up on the floor in pain for hours. However, when I stepped away from them, victorious, I looked back at the person I was just hours, or even minutes, before. When I do, I always see the new person as far better.

Understanding the importance of pain has taught me the importance of both pride and humility, and how they have a fine balance.

It taught me how I can become better than the majority of others, and why I will rise above them. But first, I must fall beneath them.

It taught me how I can relate weight lifting to the rest of life in a much stronger way.

It taught me why I am not satisfied with who I am now, and with how to fix that.

It taught me so much, I can't even remember it all now. I was left awake for several hours with these new realizations crashing down on me, one after another.

The most interesting part is just a week or two prior to this, I wrote a post touching on this subject and only now do I fully understand it's meaning. Here is the post for those who are interested: http://spartanlivingblog.com/inspiration-series-part-3-eminems-not-afraid/

If I were relate where I am in life to my interpretation discussed in that video, I would be at the point where I can no longer stand the reflections of myself being shown to me. I am on the verge of shattering those behaviors of my present self who are holding me back. The tension is righting, I am just waiting for the right challenge to come along.

So for those who wish to join me on this new journey of growth and discovery, pray not for lighter burdens, but for broader shoulders. Or better yet, pray for heavier burdens so that you may have broad shoulders. After all, that is how it works.

So even though the worst parts of my life arose from the curse, so did my greatest blessings. I now truly can count all things blessings. I understand why Paul could witness in jail, and why Jesus could ask the Father to forgive his murders while he hung on the cross. They understood pain, and how even amongst the curse, there is blessing yet.

2 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely wonderful and excellent thing to learn. May you never forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To think that your life has only just begun. I look forward to seeing where God takes you in life. Through hard times & good all can be for the glory of God.
    RDB

    ReplyDelete